ARB’s primary purpose is to deliver the Architects Act 1997 and has identified two objectives from the Act which underpin that core work:
- Protect the users and potential users of architects’ services
- Support architects through regulation
ARB’s Strategic Objectives:
The core work of ARB is to fulfil its statutory obligations under the Architects Act but in addition to that core work, the Board has identified four strategic objectives, deliverable over a three year period (2019 to 2021) which are:
- Organisational Excellence
- Planning for an effective exit from the European Union
- Fit for purpose Register of Architects
- Strong Relationships
You can view ARBs three year strategic plan in full here.
The Board’s Business Plan for 2019 has been divided into sections relating to each of the above strategic objectives. Each section on the Business Plan sets out the actions that must be undertaken in 2019, in order to meet the 2019 to 2021 strategic objectives. You can view the 2019 Business Plan in full here.