Legally Qualified PCC Member
Closing date for applications: The closing date for completed applications is 4.30pm on Friday 12 June 2020. No applications will be accepted once this deadline has expired.
Interviews: Interviews will take place on Friday 26 June 2020, via video link.
The Architects Registration Board (ARB) was established by Parliament in 1997 to regulate the architects’ profession in the UK.
ARB wishes to appoint two legally qualified persons to chair hearings of its Professional Conduct Committee, as required by the Architects Act 1997. The Professional Conduct Committee considers allegations of unacceptable professional conduct and serious professional incompetence against architects at public hearings. The appointments will commence from September 2020. If you are interested in applying for this position, you must:
- be a solicitor registered with the Solicitors Regulation Authority or the Law Society of Scotland; or a barrister registered with the Bar Standards Board or the Faculty of Advocates;
- be experienced in chairing tribunals of professional regulators
- have a good knowledge of regulatory law
- display excellent communication skills
- be available for at least 30 days a year
- be willing to travel within the UK
In return, we offer £595 a day for attendance at Committee hearings and training sessions, as well as reasonable expenses for travel and subsistence. All payments are subject to tax and National Insurance.
How to Apply
To apply, please download, complete and then save the forms listed below:
- Role Description (PDF)
- Application Form (word document) (form 1)
- Declaration (form 2)
- Conflicts of Interest (form 3)
You will need to download, complete and save all forms. You should then click on the ‘Submit Application’ button below where you will be taken to our online HR portal ‘SMB’. Once on the SMB site, you will be able to upload the documents listed above, along with a copy of your CV, and submit your application.
All documents must be uploaded for your application to be considered.
If you have any queries on the above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
No agencies please
The ARB is committed to equal opportunities and values diversity in its workforce.