- providing leadership and direction to ARB
- agreeing its strategy and setting cost-effective plans to implement that strategy
- ensuring that appropriate schemes for delegating and reporting procedures are in place
- reviewing its own performance and effectiveness
- accounting for its actions in appropriate ways, as required by law and good practice
ARB's strategy is set out in the Board's Purpose and Objectives.
Board members are responsible for maintaining and promoting the public’s trust and confidence in the integrity of both ARB and of the architects’ profession. They do this by leadership and example, and by working together in a spirit of mutual trust and respect.
The Board’s Internal Framework can be found via the link to the top right hand side of this page.