Ros is an independent researcher, evaluator, writer and policy consultant, working on a range of health and social care issues. She has published widely on topics including patients’ experience of services, patient and public involvement, age discrimination and medical professionalism.
Ros has a long record of public service and voluntary appointments at board level, and is particularly interested in professional regulation and in enabling the voices of service users to be heard.
Ros is currently a Chair of the Patient and Lay Group of the Royal College of Surgeons .
Ros’s previous appointments include:
- Non executive director of the NHS Litigation Authority (2013-2016)
- Lay member of the National Research Ethics Advisors Panel (part of the Health Research Authority).(2012-2017)
- Lay member of the General Medical Council (2009-2012), where she chaired the GMC’s Standards and Ethics Committee
- Lay member of the National Commissioning Group (2007-2010)
- Lay member of Ethics and Confidentiality Committee of the National Information Governance Board for Health and Social Care (formerly the Patient Information Advisory Group) (2005 – 2010)
- Non-executive director of an NHS Trust (1997-2007) and deputy Chair (2001-2007)
- Lay member of Health Professions Council (2004 -2006)
Community Health Council member (1982-1992)
BOARD MEMBERS’ ANNUAL REGISTER OF INTERESTS – 2017
Membership of Formal Groups
Chair of the Patient and lay Group at the Royal College of Surgeons and, ex officio, a member of the Council of the Royal College of Surgeons.
Business, Professional or Social Relationships
Companies or Associations which you or members of your family are officers or employees or in which you or they have beneficial interests
I am a self employed researcher and evaluator, working mainly on health and social care issues. My portfolio of clients continually changes, but typically includes NHS organisations and voluntary organisations and charities in the health field.
Involvement in Partnerships, Joint Ventures or Consortia
Professional Relationships with individuals, organisations or businesses that might have relationships with ARB
I am an honorary research fellow at Kingston University & St George’s, University of London (Faculty of Health and Social Care Sciences)