Sharing this information
- When we accept a credit or debit card payment from you online, the payment will be collected and processed on our behalf by our PCI DSS-compliant payment agent and we will not receive or store your credit or debit card details.
- When you provide us with your credit or debit card details so that we can accept a payment from you (for example as part of a “mail order” style transaction) we will pass those details on to our PCI DSS-compliant payment agent in order that they may collect and process the payment on our behalf. We will not store your credit or debit card details for any longer than is necessary to process the relevant payment(s).
- In order for online payments to be processed you may need to provide some additional details to our payment agent. We’ll tell you about this at the point we collect that information.
- We may transfer your personal information to a third party as part of a reconstruction or transfer of our statutory powers (or powers similar to our powers) to a third party or successor organisation, but we will take steps with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected.
- We may transfer your personal information to a third party to whom we have delegated some of our functions including communicating with you and other architects for the purpose of providing news updates and statutory notifications (amongst other things). Any such third party will be subject to an agreement with ARB which contains suitable restrictions on how they can use your personal information.
We may disclose your personal information:
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation (for example, if required to do so by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime);
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of ARB, our Site’s users, or any other third parties. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Please note that we are subject to the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and regularly receive requests for information under that Act. We will endeavour to protect your personal data in responding to a request under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 but it is not always possible to disclose information under the Act without disclosing personal data subject to the Data Protection Act 1998.
- Other than as set out above, we will not disclose any of your personal information without your permission.