BA (Hons) Architecture (International)
The Board at its meeting of 13 May 2016 decided that the University of Huddersfield’s BA (Hons) Architecture (International) should be prescribed from 30 September 2016 to 30 September 2020 under section 4(1)(a) of the Architects Act 1997 for the purposes of entry onto the United Kingdom Register of Architects.
Prescription of the qualification is subject to the standard conditions set out in Section 9.0 of the Board’s procedures, namely:
- The University of Huddersfield’s BA (Hons) Architecture (International) qualification should be prescribed for the period between 30 September 2016 and 30 September 2020;
- Prescription of the qualification shall be by reference to the relevant programme specification for the University of Huddersfield’s BA Hons Architecture (International) submitted with the application of 30 November 2015. No change may be made to the title of any course or qualification or substantial change to the content so defined within those documents (allowing for normal development) without first obtaining the written permission of the Board;
- Annually by 31 March each year, commencing on 31 March 2017, the Institution will be required to provide the Board with information of the nature set out in Appendix 2 of its procedures to enable the Board to see that i. all its criteria and the relevant requirements set out in Article 46 (or Article 47) of the Mutual Recognition of Professional Qualifications Directive [2005/36/EC] are being attained by students who have been awarded the qualification prescribed; ii. adequate systems are in place to ensure that all the Board’s criteria will be met by students for the period of prescription; iii. that the Institution’s resources remain as set out in its application and are adequate; and iv. all of the factors referred to at paragraphs 6.6 and 6.7 of the procedures continue to be demonstrated; and
- The institution will ensure that appropriate procedures will be maintained so that all students undertaking a prescribed qualification are fully informed of the extent of the application of that qualification to entitlement to registration as an architect in circumstances in which the student/candidate lacks a required antecedent qualification e.g. Part 2 without Part 1.
The Board was confident that:
- All students who had been awarded the qualification since the prescription of the qualification was last renewed had met all the ARB criteria;
- the institution had adequate systems in place to ensure that students awarded the qualification met all the criteria; and
- the institution should be able to maintain its ability to ensure that all students awarded the qualification met all the criteria.