BA (Hons) Architecture
The Board, at its meeting of 17 September 2015, decided that the above qualification should be prescribed until 28 November 2019 under section 4(1)(a) of the Architects Act 1997 for the purposes of entry onto the United Kingdom Register of Architects.
Prescription of the above qualification is subject to the standard conditions set out in Section 5.4 of the Board’s procedures, namely:
- The Norwich University of the Arts BA (Hons) Architecture should be prescribed for the period between 28 November 2015 – 28 November 2019;
- Prescription of the qualification shall be by reference to the Programme Specification, submitted with the application of 30 January 2015, for Norwich University of the Arts BA (Hons) Architecture. No change may be made to the title of any course or qualification or substantial change to the content so defined within that programme specification (allowing for normal course development) without first obtaining the written permission of the Board;
- Annually by 31 January each year, commencing on 31 January 2016, the institution will be required to provide the Board with information of the nature set out in Appendix 2 of its procedures to enable the Board to see that i. all its criteria and the relevant requirements set out in Article 46 (or Article 47) of the Mutual Recognition of Professional Qualifications Directive [2005/36/EC] are being attained by students/candidates who have been awarded the qualification prescribed; ii. adequate systems are in place to ensure that all the Board’s criteria will be met by students/candidates for the period of prescription; iii. that the institution’s resources remain as set out in its application and are adequate; and iv. all of the factors referred to at paragraphs 6.6 and 6.7 of the procedures continue to be demonstrated; and
- The institution will ensure that appropriate procedures will be maintained so that all students undertaking a prescribed qualification are fully informed of the extent of the application of that qualification to entitlement to registration as an architect in circumstances in which the student/candidate lacks a required antecedent qualification e.g. Part 2 without Part 1.
The Board can be confident that:
- The course proposal including the education aims, the learning outcomes, the assessment criteria etc., had been designed with the clear aim of ensuring that all those who received the qualification would meet all the criteria;
- The institution had adequate systems in place to ensure that students awarded the qualification would meet all the criteria; and
- The institution had in place adequate resources to maintain, and where appropriate, increase the achievement of students in meeting the criteria.