Select Page

ARB does not directly recognise any qualifications from outside the United Kingdom other than those listed under the Professional Qualifications Directive 2005/36/EC when held by nationals of EU Member States or those with EU Rights.

If you hold overseas qualifications obtained outside the EU or hold a non recognised UK qualification you will need to pass the Board’s own Prescribed Examination at the relevant level if you wish to progress towards registering as an architect in the UK. Having satisfied Part 1 and Part 2 requirements, either by obtaining qualifications or by passing the Prescribed Examination, Part 3 will then need to be obtained from a UK school of architecture.Please note if you hold EU qualifications at degree level, that is equivalent to Part 1, you will be required to sit the examination at Part 1 level as the Directive does not provide for qualifications at degree level only.

For Part 1 Examination you must have successfully completed a three year course of study; for Part 2 you must already hold Part 1 and have completed two further years of postgraduate study in architecture.

If you hold qualifications that are not principally in architecture, for example, you have a degree in Interior Architecture, Interior Design or Architectural Technology, it is unlikely you will be eligible to sit the examination unless you fall under the current transitional arrangements set out here.

You can find full details of eligibility requirements in the Board’s Prescribed Examination Procedures.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This